Categories of visitors entitled to free admission and reduced tickets
Proof of eligibility for free entry is to be shown when picking up your tickets
- Children under 18 years of any nationality, showing passport or id card. Children younger than 12 must be accompanied by an adult;
- Teachers and undergraduate, PhD, MA or post-doc students enrolled in the European Union's Faculties of Architecture, Cultural Heritage, Conservation and Educational Services, as well as Literature and Philosophy (Arts and Humanities) only if enrolled in literature degrees with an archaeological or historic-artistic specialization. Students are requested to show a valid certificate of enrollment for the current academic year, in Italian or in English (for foreign students). NO International Student Identity Cards are accepted;
- Teachers and students enrolled in Italian Fine Arts Academies or equivalent EU Institutes upon showing a valid certificate of enrollment for the current year;
- Journalists of the European Union. They are requested to show a valid certificate for the current year, in Italian or in English for foreign citizens (i.e. Press Card);
- Non-EU journalists only if enrolled in the Italian Association of Journalists.
- Groups of students from Italian public or private schools or other EU member States accompanied by their teachers and witihin the limited number provided by the Director of the Uffizi Galleries, prior reservation by phone only: +39 055 294883 (available from Monday to Friday - 8.30am / 6.30pm + Saturday 8.30 /12.30). The reservation is free but mandatory. No online reservations are accepted;
- On-duty tour guides (upon presenting a valid license issued by the competent authority);
- Interpreters assisting tour guides (upon presenting a valid license issued by the competent authority);
- Employees of the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism;
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM);
- In case of studies and researches authorized by an Italian or international university, academy, school, research institute, or cultural organization, or by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, or for other justifiable reasons, the requesting parties may be granted a free entry issued by the Director of the Uffizi Galleries, which is valid only for specified periods of time;
- Persons with disabilities are entitled by law to free priority access to all State Museums of Florence for themselves and for a companion (only if specified in their certificate);
- Free entry on the first Sunday of each month.
REDUCED TICKET (50% discount)
- European Union citizens only, aged +18 | -26 upon showing passport or ID, and citizens of non-EU Countries only upon mutual agreement (Norway, Island, Switzerland, Liechtenstein).