Proof of eligibility for free entry is to be shown when picking up your tickets.
- Children under 18 years of any nationality, showing passport or id card. Children younger than 12 must be accompanied by adults;
- Persons with disabilities are entitled to free priority access only if their handicap is certified under Law 104/92, D.M. 507/97 and D.M. 13/2019; more on Uffizi Galleries Accessibility Information
- Scholars; university students and teachers
- Student groups and teachers
- Tour guides and interpreters
- Journalists, only if enrolled in the Italian Association of Journalists. They are requested to show a valid certificate for the current year, in Italian or in English for foreign citizens (i.e. Press Card).
- Italian citizens resident abroad have to show a valid document certifying their enrollment in the Registry of Italians resident abroad (AIRE), within the limits of the Fund specifically allocated by the Ministry.
- Employees of the Italian Ministry of Culture;
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM);
- In case of studies and researches authorized by an Italian or international university, academy, school, research institute, or cultural organization, or by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, or for other justifiable reasons, the requesting parties may be granted free admission authorized by the Director of the Uffizi Galleries, which is valid only for specified periods of time.
On free admission days, it is not possible to make reservations and priority admissions are not valid (such as for card and pass holders), except for disabled visitors and people accompanying them by law, pregnant women and school groups included in the maximum number of school groups guaranteed per day (daily quota), as set by the Director.
- European union citizens only, over 18 and until the day of the twenty-fifth year of age showing passport or ID. Among the non-European countries, reduced-price tickets are granted to citizens from Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Uruguay and citizens with permit cards issued for the reasons listed on the website of Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.