Boboli Gardens. Rules of Conduct
With this in mind, we would kindly ask you to REFRAIN FROM:
- spoiling or damaging the garden’s sculpture, architecture or outdoor furniture, fixtures and fittings;
- treading on the grass wherever you see a “Keep Off The Grass” sign or a barrier preventing access;
- picking flowers or fruit, climbing on the trees or swinging on branches;
- bringing Nordic walking poles, bicycles, skate boards, roller blades or any form of motorised transport into the gardens;
- bringing dogs or animals into the gardens even on a lead or wearing a muzzle (guide dogs for blinds are permitted);
- throwing any kind of litter on the ground or anywhere other than in the bins provided;
- lighting fires, leaving lighted cigarettes lying around or behaving in any way likely to start a fire;
- capturing or molesting any of the resident fauna;
- feeding the animals;
- playing ball, digging holes, throwing stones, running around and disturbing other visitors or bathing in the fountains, baths, pools or ponds;
- making undue noise, ragging around or listening to music at a high volume;
- wearing inappropriate clothing or behaving in an undignified manner.
To ensure that all visitors enjoy their visit, we would kindly ask adults and teachers to accompany and keep a close watch on children and school groups.
We should point out for visitors’ safety that the gardens may contain hazards due to their different ground levels, uneven terrain or steps that are either worn with age and use or slippery due to moss, damp or rain. Also, please take care not to walk on grassy slope or verges, not to step out of paths and not to climb on parapets or lean out over them. Please do not stay under the trees in case of strong winds because branches may fall off.
Please be aware that specific authorisation is required for photography and filming (whether for cinema or television) if it is for professional purposes or intended for publication (more info). Persons failing to comply with any of the above rules will be prosecuted in accordance with civil (and, where appropriate, criminal) law, and immediately expelled from the grounds.
Visitors should be prepared to show their tickets to members of the staff at any time during their visit.
The management declines all responsibility for harm or damage to persons or objects caused by failure to comply with the above rules and regulations.