with collection of ticket at the ticket offices of the Museums belonging to the Uffizi Galleries
upon presentation of a document attesting one of the following conditions or submission of a self-certification form together with an identity card:
- for all citizens under 18 years of age (children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult);
- for citizens of non-EU Countries, only upon mutual agreement (children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult).
- for student groups of public and private schools from the EU Countries, accompanied by their teachers (with compulsory reservation and limit for the maximum number of participants fixed by Directors of Museums/Institutes);
- for students and teachers of Italian universities, masters or postgraduate courses and PhD in architecture, cultural heritage preservation, educational sciences or arts and humanities with archaeological or historical-artistic programs, Fine Art Academy, as well as students and teachers of equivalent universities and specialization courses in other EU Countries (upon presentation of registration certificate valid for the current year);
- for teachers of Italian schools (upon presentation of a document issued by the Italian Ministry of Education) and not for teachers of foreign schools;
- for EU tourist guides (upon presentation of valid licence issued by appropriate authority);
- for EU escort interpreters when needed to assist tourist guides (upon presentation of valid licence issued by appropriate authority);
- for EU citizens with disabilities and a relative or other accompanying person upon presentation of document certifying his professional status in health and social care services (as per Ministerial Decree no. 239 dated April 20, 2006);
- for operators of voluntary associations who carry out promotional activities to enhance the cultural heritage, according to specific agreements entered into with the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism as per article 112, paragraph 8 of the Italian Code of the Cultural and Landscape Heritage;
- for those who are temporarily authorized by Directors to visit their Museum/Institute for research or study reasons attested by Italian or foreign schools, universities, academies, cultural and research institutes, as well as by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism;
- for the staff of the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism (MIBACT);
- for the staff of the International Council of Museums (ICOM);
with release of personal annual card provided with photograph
upon submission of request to the Direzione Generale per il paesaggio, le belle arti, l'architettura e l'arte contemporanee (General Directorate for Landscape, Fine Arts, Contemporary Architecture and Art) for research and study reasons or specific and justified needs:
- for operators of voluntary associations working in local offices of the MIBACT (Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism) according to specific agreements;
- for Honorary Inspectors and Conservators of the MIBACT (Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism);
- for the military staff of the Nucleo Tutela Patrimonio Culturale (Unit for the Protection of Cultural heritage);
- for the staff of the I.C.C.R.O.M.;
- for Italian and foreign scholars provided with documents certifying research and study reasons released by schools, universities, academies, Italian and foreign research and cultural institutes, the MIBACT (Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism), or specific and justified needs (as per Ministerial Decree no. 239/2006).
Request procedure for free admission
According to the current regulations, only the Director can grant free admission passes for the Museums of the Uffizi Galleries.
The procedure is conducted by the Director’s Office therefore all the requests shall be submitted via e-mail to the follwing address email@example.com.
Requests shall be received at least 15 days before the date of the visit.
Also as to institutional visits involving the Direction's participation, requests shall be sent to the above-said address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free admission for journalists
for registered journalists from Italy and other EU Countries, upon presentation of documents testifying their professional status and settlement of registration fees (no entitlement to priority access) ;
According to the current regulations, only journalists from the EU Countries are entitled to free admission to State cultural institutes, though they do not enjoy priority access.
In case of private visits, journalists shall comply to the general rules foreseen for all visitors, including those concerning the optional service of reservation.
Differently, in case of working visits, journalists shall submit their request to the Director, where to specify the newspaper they work for, the aim of their visit, the museum they wish to visit and the date required. Moreover, they shall describe the kind of articles to write and whether they will be focused on one of the Museums belonging to the Uffizi Galleries.
At the same time, journalists shall also contact the Ufficio Permessi (Licencing Office) via e-mail (email@example.com) to settle the payment due for the publication of images showing artworks preserved in the museums of the Uffizi Galleries and to obtain the relative authorization according to the regulations now in force.
For all visitors on the first Sunday of each month, and on the occasion of national or local special events published on the website of the MIBACT (Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism).